Beauty on a Budget
Back to School Beauty Lessons with Elements Beauty Shop
I have my beauty routine down to less than 10 minutes and fewer than 10 products (makeup + skin). To say that I like to keep things simple and affordable is an understatement. I am just not the type of person that is going to spend a lot of money on beauty products. That said, when I do spend my money on products, I want to know that they are giving me the best bang for my buck, are sustainable and ethical where possible, and that they do what they say they will do.
Elements Beauty Shop + LATHER
For the past year or so, I’ve been a faithful user of LATHER products since being introduced to the brand through Elements Beauty Shop, a Richmond, Virginia-based brick and mortar retailer and e-commerce site that specializes in offering all-natural, free of animal-testing, and luxury beauty products. Don’t let the word luxury deter you though – Elements has plenty of items for the beauty and wallet conscious.
While I do end up paying more for my LATHER products than what I would pay for a comparable product at the drug store, I have found that the LATHER products not only last longer, but they do a better job than the competing product. A great example of this is the LATHER Advanced Blemish Control Serum. I seriously rave about this product any chance I get. You may scoff at paying $30 for a 1-ounce bottle of blemish serum, but I do not lie when I say that little bottle has lasted me a year and one, teeny, tiny drop is all it takes to zap out those blemishes. That shakes out to just $2.50 per month (what we in fashion call Cost Per Wear and how most of us justify those insanely expensive shoes). I do tend to go through the face wash and face lotion at a faster rate, about every 2-3 months, but that still comes out to about $7 per month and I’m happy to make the little bit of a splurge for products that I feel good about putting on my skin. The one product I have yet to try is the facial oil, but it’s on my list. I recently started using facial oil instead of lotion and I absolutely love it and since I love pretty much all LATHER products, I have a feeling this one will be a hit as well.
Here are the products I use for my every day, affordable, beauty routine:
SHOP THE PRODUCTS
- LATHER Ultra Mild Face Wash, $19 - I use this about every other day, alternating between this and the Jack Black Scrub, which I also get at Elements.
- LATHER Chia Seed & Passion Fruit Facial Oil, $31 - I have not tried this yet, but it's on my list. Let me know if you end up buying and it liking it!
- LATHER Toning Eye Gel with Vitamin K, $31 - I typically alternate between this and the Eye Treatment below, but this is a nice soothing gel, good for tired eyes.
- LATHER Licorice Root Eye Treatment, $31 - This is a cream version that absorbs quickly and easily.
- LATHER Ultra Light Face Lotion, $21 - I love using this in the summer and a facial oil in the winter when I feel I need heavier moisturizer.
- LATHER Advanced Blemish Control Serum, $29 - MY FAVORITE!! Seriously. Just buy this now and thank me later.
Use my discount code CHICSTRIPES to receive 10% off your orders!
You can find more of my favorite affordable, beauty items on the Elements Pinterest Board.
Elements Perks: Sign up for the loyalty program to receive credits for when you shop online and share the products on social media. Don’t forget to ‘gram your hauls with #elementsbeautyhaul to be entered to win $50 to shop at Elements Beauty Shop.
DISCLAIMER: This post was sponsored by Elements Beauty Shop. I was compensated for this post; all opinions are my own.
Thank you to Elements Beauty Shop for sponsoring this post and to my readers for supporting Chic Stripes’ partner brands!
Sydney Lester is a personal stylist who gives women confidence through their wardrobes, saves them time and money, and teaches them how to create a timeless, personalized style and sustainable wardrobe that works for them, not against them. Sydney is based in Richmond, Virginia.