2016 or Bust!
Welcome to Chic Stripes! If you receive my newsletter, then you'll know I recently made some changes and upgrades to Chic Stripes (mainly that I got a .com!) and I'm excited to introduce a lot of new and exciting content to this site/blog that includes but is not limited to:
- Ethical fashion – Is ethical fashion still fashionable? Is it affordable? Who sells it? How do I find out?? So many questions and I’ll be tackling them in the coming months.
- Sustainable fashion – I’m still thrifting and here’s where it fits, along with lots of other thoughts around living a sustainable life.
- Form + function – So I got into rock climbing, hiking, camping this past year. Basically all things no fashion forward person does right? WRONG. I’m here to show you how outdoor wear can work, and work well, while still keeping your fashion cred in check.
- The occasional post for men. I get more questions from men about fashion than one would think – the hows, whys, whens, and wheres. Keep an eye out for yourself or maybe forward to the guy in your life.
- Travel guides – holy *** am I excited about this one. This past year I took a freelance job writing outdoor guides for an online magazine and it was a blast! I love explaining the ins and outs of traveling, the hot spots, and all the what not and I’m looking forward to sharing those (and amazzzing photos) with you all. #outdoororbust #optoutside
- Newsletter only info! – heck yea, you subscribers are great and you will get stuff no one else will get. Not sure what that will be yet, but just stay signed up, k? (see – this is why you should sign up).
As always with technology, there are still some fun tech things to figure out (namely, the old import/export situation - Seinfeld anyone?) and you can still head to the old blog to catch up on older posts, but I hope you'll join me here here on out!
I'm looking forward to doing, hustling, inspiring, and building a great 2016 with you all!