Online Luxury Consignment
You all know I'm a big supporter of thrifting and second hand in general. But I am an even bigger fan of luxury consignment. One of the (many) reasons I shop second hand is to be able to afford quality, designer goods at an affordable price.
I bought my first designer bag, a coveted Balenciaga motorcycle bag in the most gorgeous blue, from eBay. I stalk The Real Real for quality flats and my dream bag (Givenchy Nightingale). The 3.1 Phillip Lims featured above were found on The Real Real and I love them.
- The Real Real - Hands down, this is my favorite site. It's members only, but that just means you need to create a log in to access the site and the goods. I have used this site a number of times and have always been impressed with the quality and number of items offered. They also allow for returns which is great when you are an online waffler like me - I like to try things on to ensure fit. All shoes come with a dust bag for protection when you are wearing them. They have the hugest inventory I have ever seen, so your options are really great.
- E-Drop Off - a great site for luxury handbags that are wild, fun, and unique. They also have a good selection of designer clothing and often offer great deals for consignors.
- eBay Fashion - eBay gets a bad rap sometimes for shady dealers, poor photographs, or any number of complaints. However, eBay still reigns supreme in the online designer game - E-Drop Off is even a seller on eBay.
- What Goes Around Comes Around - a little gem I follow on Instagram that all the fashion insiders love - their bread and butter is bags and jewelry, but I love their selection of vintage t-shirts as well.
- ThredUp - A lot of people really love this site. I have an account, but haven't used it too much. I will be honest, I assumed it was like Twice or a good consignment store - that they would have gently worn items from J. Crew, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, etc. I did a quick search and they actually had some items from Chloe (none of the IT bags) which was surprising to me. They are not your go-to for high end consignment in a huge range, but they have decent things if you are willing to look.